Sound Devices is pleased to announce the highly-anticipated Scorpio: a 32 channel, 36 track portable mixer-recorder designed for state-of-the-art production sound. This flagship mixer-recorder elevates the company’s existing product line, which includes the popular 6-Series mixer/recorders and the best-in-class A10 Digital Wireless System. Scorpio is the most powerful product ever designed by Sound Devices, and the ideal tool for the new era of production sound.
With 16 mic/line preamplifiers, 32 channels of Dante in and out, AES in and out, 12 analog outputs and multiple headphone outputs, Scorpio is well-suited for any production scenario. A fully-customizable routing matrix enables sound professionals to send any input to any channel, bus, or output. Up to 12 buses may be individually mixed. Due to its compact form factor, the Scorpio is equally at home over-the-shoulder or in a mobile rig.
Scorpio incorporates Sound Devices’ most cutting-edge technology. An ultra-powerful engine comprised of three FPGA circuits and six ARM processors deliver the horsepower needed for the most complex tasks. FPGA-based audio processing with 64-bit data paths ensures the highest sound quality and reliability. The Scorpio also features Sound Devices’ latest and best in analog microphone preamplifier design. These preamps have the smoothest sound and lowest noise of any preamp in the company’s 20-year history and include built-in analog limiters, high pass filters, delay, 3-band EQ and phantom power.
Like the company’s popular 788T, the Scorpio has an internal SSD and adds the ability to simultaneously record to two SD cards for redundancy. For additional flexibility, sound professionals can send different files to their choice of media. The companion SD-Remote Android application allows for control of the Scorpio via a large display.
Great attention to detail has been paid to every aspect of the Scorpio’s design. Most common menus are accessible with only one or two button presses, and many menu shortcuts can be achieved with only one hand. Scorpio features a built-in dual L-Mount battery charger and may be powered with L-Mount batteries or via the TA4 DC inputs using smart batteries, NP-1 batteries, or in-line power supplies. The ultra-accurate, fully-featured timecode generator contains its own battery to hold timecode for up to four hours after power off.
• 16 ultra low-noise, Scorpio microphone preamplifiers
• 32 channels, 12 buses, 36 tracks
• 32 channels of Dante I/O
• 256 GB internal SSD, 2 SD card slots
• USB control surface support via MCU
PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION
2479.000 Cordset 6’ AC cable
9623.001 XL-WPTA4 power supply TA4 Connector
9244.003 Scorpio LCD cover
9772.000 Antenna, SMA connector
5529.000 Promo Sticker (white)
5537.000 Promo sticker (black)
1312.000 Dot: Red, Yellow, Blue,Green, Purple, White (8 each)
• 6 channel wireless receiver attachment
• Enhances wireless control
• Unifies power and antenna distribution
• Simplifies interconnection
• Mounted riser required for SL-6 connection
• NP-1 Battery Cup to TA4 female with 25” cable
• 14.4 V Smart Battery Li-ion 6.8 Ah, 98 Wh.
• Inspired Energy dual charger for XL-SmartBattery
• XL-SmartBattery Cup to TA4 female with 25” cable
• Companion Android application
• Large metering and timecode display
• Transport control
• Metadata editing
• TA5 female to (2) XLR-Female 25” cable (2 pack)
• Universal 60 W in-line AC to DC Power Supply
with TA4 DC Plug with detachable IEC power cord
100-240 V, 50-60 Hz (Included with Scorpio)
USB Control Surface
• Supports select third party controllers via MCU open protocol
• iCON Platform M+ with D2 Display supported in v1.00
Sound Devices - Scorpio - Premium Portable Mixer / Recorder
- Brand: Sound Devices
- Product Code: SCORPIO
- Availability: In Stock